Become a member of the World Soundtrack Academy
If you are a professional composer for screen or another professional active in the film music industry, we invite you to become a member of the World Soundtrack Academy.
Membership is open to professional screen composers and other film music industry professionals, such as music executives, music supervisors, music editors, agents, managers, producers and publicists. Membership provides invaluable support for the film music activities and events of the World Soundtrack Academy, organised for the benefit of the international film music industry.
Watch the aftermovie of the World Soundtrack Awards and WSA Industry Days 2021 and read about the benefits of membership below.
What are the benefits of World Soundtrack Academy membership?
- Voting privileges for the World Soundtrack Awards (Film Composer of the Year, Television Composer of the Year and Best Original Song).
- Submission of candidates for consideration in the categories Film Composer of the Year, Television Composer of the Year and Best Original Song.
- The membership fee can be recouped (or partially recouped) through the discount of €100 on the Film Music Industry Packages with VIP access to both the film music and the film programme at Film Fest Ghent, which includes:
- accreditation for the film screenings at Film Fest Ghent
- access to the (film and film music) Industry Days
- invitation to the annual World Soundtrack Awards Dinner
- VIP ticket for the World Soundtrack Awards Concert
- invitation to the WSA Reception
- access to several (formal and informal) networking opportunities
- CD copy of the annual Film Fest Ghent album.
- Visibility on the World Soundtrack Awards website.
- Access to the matchmaking session to network with international agents, publicists and industry peers.
- Qualification for the WSA Advisory Board on condition of nomination by a board member and availability of seats.
When can I apply for membership?
Application for membership of the World Soundtrack Academy is possible throughout the year, but the annual deadline to receive voting privileges for the World Soundtrack Awards of the current year is 15 June. To benefit from the discount on the Film Music Industry Packages, please register before 15 October. Later applications will count towards the following year's WSA.
What are the terms for becoming a member?
Terms for screen composers: at least one professional credit (for a feature-length motion picture or TV series episode).
Terms for film music industry professionals: active professional involvement in the film music industry, e.g. as music executive, music supervisor, music editor, agent, manager, producer or publicist.
How much does membership cost?
Membership requires an annual membership fee of €100 for composers and €150 for professionals.
How do I become a member?
You can apply for membership by completing the following two-step registration process: fill out the registration form below and complete your payment.
Please also supply a full biography that proves your active involvement in the film music industry. If the requirements for membership are not met, we reserve the right to refuse an application and charge a processing fee.
Can I support the World Soundtrack Awards in another way?
If you are interested in supporting our organisation and our activities, see here for patronage, partnership or sponsorship opportunities.
When is membership automatically granted?
Voting membership is automatically granted to the members of the WSA Boards, the guest of honour at the annual World Soundtrack Awards Concert and the winners of the Film Composer of the Year, TV Composer of the Year and Lifetime Achievement WSAwards. The winners of the remaining WSAwards receive free membership for one year.
Want to become a member of the World Soundtrack Academy?
(to fill in the registration form, you first have to make a MyFFG-account on our website. When you are logged in, you can proceed)
Why should you become a WSAcademy Member?
Subscribe to our industry newsletter
Are you a film music professional and do you want to stay up to date with festival news, submission & awards and our WSA industry programme?