WSA Industry Programme 2022
The WSA Industry Programme offers a peek behind the scenes of the film music world. Filled with panel discussions, interviews, and masterclasses, these talks are a great way to get to know the faces behind the scores we all love. The events delve into how the film music industry operates and evolves. Whether you are a professional, student, or just have a great love for film music, the WSA Industry Programme is the place to make new connections. The WSA industry programme is powered by Sabam For Culture & THE PACK.
A ticket for an event in our Industry Programme costs € 5. It is also possible to buy a day pass for € 10. People with an accreditation have access to all events. It is also still possible to apply for an Industry Package for VIP access to all WSA Film Music Days events.
Thursday 20 October 2022
Composer's Talk: Mark Isham
Thu. 20.10 - 15:30 - Kinepolis 8
Film composer and jazz artist Mark Isham's outstanding musical voice can be heard in memorable scores such as for Judas and the Black Messiah (Shaka King) and Crash (Paul Haggis). Mark Isham will discuss his career with moderator and fellow composer Ruben De Gheselle, who won last year’s Georges Delerue Award for his score for Clara Sola.
Friday 21 October 2022
Music in nature documentaries with Bruno Coulais, Dirk Brossé and Nainita Desai
Fri. 21.10 - 10:30 - Kinepolis 8
How does a composer (under)score nature? Composers Bruno Coulais, Dirk Brossé and Nainita Desai will discuss their experiences scoring for nature documentaries. Film (music) journalist Robin Broos will moderate this talk.
Creative Partnership: Johnny Jewel, Nico Leunen & Fien Troch
Fri. 21.10 - 13:00 - Kinepolis 8
A conversation between Chromatics frontman Johnny Jewel (known for the soundtrack of Nicolas Winding Refn’s Drive), Belgium’s most sought-after editor Nico Leunen (Ad Astra, Beautiful Boy, Broken Circle Breakdown) and Belgian director Fien Troch (Kid). Journalist Tim Greiving (NPR / Washington Post / LA Times) will moderate their Creative Partnership talk.
Creative Partnership: David Lowery & Daniel Hart
Fri. 21.10 - 15:00 - Kinepolis 8
Director David Lowery and composer Daniel Hart will soon be celebrating their 15th anniversary: they became inseparable after working together on Lowery's feature debut St. Nick in 2009. Film and music are so intrinsically intertwined in their projects that it is impossible to imagine Lowery's work without hearing Hart's soundtrack.
Saturday 22 October 2022
Changing the Face of "The Composer": Alliance for Women Film Composers
Sat. 22.10 - 13:00 - YALO Hotel
Women composers have always been writing and creating music, but they have historically been overlooked and kept invisible. The Alliance for Women Film Composers (AWFC) was founded out of a need and desire to raise visibility and create opportunities for female composers.
WSA Industry Programme Overview
Thursday 20 October
- 10:30-12:00 - Buyouts and other unfair contractual practices: what prospects for the Belgian composer?
- 14:00-15:15 - Film Composer & Film Producer: Balancing a Budget
- 15:30-17:00 - Composer’s Talk: Mark Isham
- 20:00 - Korean Composers Concert
Friday 21 October
- 10:30-12:00 - Music in Nature Documentaries with Bruno Coulais, Nainita Desai and Dirk Brossé
- 13:00-14:45 - Creative Partnership: Johnny Jewel, Nico Leunen & Fien Troch
- 15:00-17:00 - Creative Partnership: David Lowery & Daniel Hart
- 19:30-20:45 - Album Release & Listening Session: Evgueni Galperine’s Theory of Becoming
Saturday 22 October
- 12:00-13:00 - WSA Meet & Greet
- 13:00-14:00 - Changing the Face of “The Composer”: Alliance for Women Film Composers
- 14:15-15:00 - WSA Nominees Round Table: Film & TV Composer of the Year
- 15:15-16:00 - WSA Nominees Round Table: Discovery of the Year
- 16:15-17:00 - WSA Nominees Round Table: Public Choice Award
- 20:00 - World Soundtrack Awards Ceremony & Concert