Through the World Soundtrack Discovery of the Year Award, the World Soundtrack Academy aims to reward talented upcoming composers.
Every year the World Soundtrack Academy distribute the World Soundtrack Discovery of the Year Award to celebrate upcoming film scoring talent. Famous composers as Craig Armstrong, Michael Giacchino, Daniel Pemberton, Nicholas Britell and Tamar-kali were already discovered by the WSA Advisory Board.
How to submit your score?
- Composers can submit their score via the online application tool at the end of this webpage. To qualify as an eligible score, the motion picture for which the score was composed or produced has to receive its world première between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- All eligible scores for moving pictures must be used in a dramatic, feature-length motion picture that had its world première screening in a commercial cinema theatre or at a film festival within the awards year deadlines.
- Composers who, at the current WSA eligibility deadline, have scored six feature films or more (excluded are shorts, TV-formats and documentaries), which have had a commercial theatrical release in at least two countries are excluded to participate in this category.
- Candidates can only submit one original soundtrack each year.
- In order to take part in the competition, the participant needs to register and pay a fee of 30 EUR for handling & consulting costs. This fee is non-refundable.
- It is only possible to submit a score between March 15, 2019 and June 15, 2019. Applications submitted after June 15, 2019 shall not be accepted.
- Once a composer was already nominated twice for the WSAward of Discovery of the Year, the composer will be excluded to participate in this category again.
- Once a composer has won the WSAward of Discovey of the Year, the composer will be excluded to participate in this category again.
Nominations will be announced at the end of August of the voting year.
For years now it has been a tradition that the winner of the ‘Discovery of the Year’ award performs the following year during the World Soundtrack Awards Gala.
For more information: email@example.com