The deadline for the 'World Soundtrack Discovery of the year 2018' award is fast approaching!
Candidates who intend to submit their work, should do so by 15th June. If you wish to be considered, please remember to submit your score, using the online tool.
Late submissions will not be accepted! We look forward to receiving your work.
For more info contact Thomas@filmfestival.be
In short the most important rules:
- To qualify as an eligible score, the motion picture for which the score was composed or produced has to receive its world première between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018.
- All eligible scores for moving pictures must be used in a dramatic, feature-length motion picture that had its world première screening in a commercial cinema theatre or at a film festival within the awards year deadlines.
- Composers who, at the current WSA eligibility deadline, have scored six feature films or more (excluded are shorts, TV-formats and documentaries), which have had a commercial theatrical release in at least two countries are excluded to participate in this category.
- Candidates can only submit one original soundtrack each year.
- Registration is possible until June 15.
You can find an updated WSA rule book here.