Film Fest Gent is Belgium’s largest film festival of international standing. Each October, the festival presents over 150 feature and short films from all over the world to an audience of more than 100.000 spectators. The festival also organizes several film music concerts and presents the prestigious World Soundtrack Awards.
In addition to the festival, Film Fest Gent offers film screenings, talks and concerts throughout the year.
For immediate consideration, Film Fest Gent is looking for a full-time
MUSIC PROJECTS COORDINATOR
The music projects coordinator is responsible for the execution of the production of the music program of Film Fest Gent, while participating in the composition and realisation of the program. The music project coordinator reports to the program director.
- Planning and follow-up of program meetings
- Production of FFG’s concerts: World Soundtrack Awards Gala and Symphonic concert: making arrangements with conductor and orchestra, technical partners, concert hall (+follow-up)
- Preparation of visual material and scenario presentations, ...
- Production of CD recording
- Coordination of the voting process for the different awards
- Follow-up on the composition contest
- Coordination of concerts presented in collaboration with partners
- Coordination of the InMICS composers’ Lab, a project organized in collaboration with European partners
- Follow-up on the music projects with colleagues from other departments for program, tickets, budget, communication, ...
- Being the contact person for all music projects of FFG, internally (colleagues, WSA board and academy, music director) as well as externally (artists, partners, public, suppliers, ...)
- You have a broad knowledge of and affinity with film music
- You are able to read musical scores and have some knowledge of the arrangement and instrumentation of an orchestra
- You are experienced in music production and know how to manage a production budget
- You are enterprising and efficient
- You work autonomously but are also a team player
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and a good knowledge of Dutch and French at the start (willingness to learn excellent Dutch as this is the company language)
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration
- An interesting assignment in a dynamic cultural work environment
- Correct compensation in accordance with your experience
How to apply
Send your motivation letter and resume no later than 30 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.