The 45th edition of Film Fest Gent will take place from 9 until 19 October 2018. As always, film music will play a big role in the festival, with the World Soundtrack Awards as highlight, taking place on 17 October 2018.
The combination of film and music has been an irreplaceable part of the festival ever since the early beginnings, but the creation of the World Soundtrack Academy in 2001 really engraved film music into the DNA of Film Fest Gent. This unique focus is shown through a wide range of music projects during the festival, but also throughout the year: from film music concerts to industry events, a composition contest, a yearly album recording and film screenings with live music.
As an intern at the music department, you will assist with the communication around and the distribution of the different music events organized by Film Fest Gent. From the beginning of your internship, you will be engaged into the different aspects of those events: you co-organise the online communication surrounding these events by creating and implementing a social media plan, but also by keeping the website up-to-date. For this, you will work closely with the different departments within Film Fest Gent to keep everyone on the same page.
Furthermore, you will assist the music team with the planning, follow-up and execution of the InMICS Composers Lab, an international training programme for young composers. During the upcoming edition of Film Fest Gent, this project will be launched for the first time and will consist of professional meetings with filmmakers, network activities, masterclasses and workshops.
- You help with updating the website and organising the social media of the World Soundtrack Awards, together with the communication department.
- You provide input for website posts, programme brochures, newsletters, … And you are able to write engaging texts in both Dutch and English.
- You actively provide our target audiences with information to keep them up-to-date about our activities.
- You contribute brainstorming about possible communication actions for all music events (18th World Soundtrack Awards / 2001 and Beyond: a Symphonic Odyssey / VIDEODROOM / Film Music Seminar / WSAwards Industry Day, etc).
InMICS Composers Lab
- You plan the journey and accommodation of international guests and participants.
- You co-organise their personal programs.
- You will be their primary contact and will guide them through the Composers Lab during Film Fest Gent.
- You will provide a solid administrative follow-up and accurate guestlists for the different events.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are not afraid of a challenge
- You can adapt quickly and are thus able to keep track of given processes autonomously
- You are a real team-player
- You work systematically, precise while being able to keep an overview easily
- You can organise, and you are a born entrepreneur
- You are strong in communication
- The high workload in the months leading up to and during the festival will require high professionality, flexibility and stress resistance.
- A good knowledge of Dutch and English (written and spoken) is a most, French and/or other languages are an advantage
- You know Ghent inside and out and are able to guide a group of international guests through the city perfectly
We are looking for an intern who is available as soon as possible (in consultation with Film Fest Gent and the applicant) until 26 October 2018. This unremunerated internship can be done either voluntarily or in the context of an education.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applying is possible by sending a motivation letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Any questions? Visit our website (www.worldsoundtrackawards.com & www.filmfestival.be), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us at +32 9 242 80 60