The World Soundtrack Academy was created in 2001 and is an initiative aimed at organizing and overseeing the educational, cultural and professional aspects of the art of film music, including the preservation of the history of film music and its worldwide promotion.
By establishing a yearly Award show, the Academy is honouring an important aspect of motion pictures: the music. Composers can get nominated in different categories and are voted by the film music industry itself. The World Soundtrack Awards have gained an important position within the world of film music and especially with the composers. The awards are considered as the most important for film music.
Furthermore, the academy aims to broaden its focus towards the newest media forms and latest evolutions within the sector. Thanks to the support of our members we will not only improve but also further develop our activities.
Benefits of World Soundtrack Academy Membership
- Membership fees support the work of the World Soundtrack Academy. Thanks to your support we can extend our activities in order to support the international film music sector
- As a voting member you can vote for the world’s most important film music awards: WSAward of Best Film Composer of the Year, WSAward of Best TV Composer of the Year and WSAward for Best Original Song written directly for a Film.
- As a voting member you receive an additional discount on our Music Industry Packages during the annual Film Fest Gent
- As a voting member you have access to an international network of Film and Music Professionals and you will be mentioned on our website as a WSA Member
How to become a member?
Voting Membership is open to film music composers and to executives active in the film music business, such as agents, managers, producers, publicists, etc. by completing the application form at the end of this page and by paying a yearly membership fee:
- 150 EUR (Excl. VAT) for Film Music Professionals
- 100 EUR (Excl. VAT for Composers
The WSA accepts new voting member applications from March 15 until June 15 each year via our website.