This year, the WSAwards Industry Day will take place on Wednesday 17 October (09:00 until 18:00, including lunch and closing networking drink) and will be hosted by composer Vasco Hexel (Royal College of Music in London).
During different masterclasses and panels throughout the day, guest speakers discuss 'hot topics' within the international film (music) industry, teach film (music) professionals and students about several topics:
- showcase by SPITFIRE AUDIO
- introduction on IMMERSIVE SOUND by Auro Technologies
- 'Who's Who in the International Film (music) Industry' by Lucy Bright (MUSIC SALES)
- Masterclass 'Orchestration & building your own sound ID' by composer Florencia di Concilio
- 'What's publicity and how should one take advantage of it?' by publicist Chandler Poling (WHITE BEAR PR)
- a panel discussion about ‘The Reality of Rejected Scores’ with Robert Townson (Varèse Sarabande), moderated by Vasco Hexel
- a conversation on 'The Craft of Music Supervision' in association with the UK & European Guild of Music Supervisors with music supervisors Amelia Hartley (Peaky Blinders & Black Mirror), Catherine Grieves (You Were Never Really Here; London Spy; Les Misérables) and Lucy Bright (Assassin's Creed; Marjorie Prime), moderated by Air Edel's Maggie Rodford
- a masterclass on ‘Scoring for New (interactive) Media’ with amongst others video game composers Joe Henson & Alexis Smith aka 'The Flight' (Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey) and Brian D'Oliveira (Resident Evil 7 & Shadow of the Tomb Raider) moderated by François-Xavier Dupas from the Music Faculty at the Montreal University
- a panel on the ‘Work Flow between filmmaker, composer and editor' with Alain Dessauvage (editor Girl & Bullhead) moderated by musician Oliver Patrice Weder
The WSAwards Industry Day will take place on Wednesday 17 October at the Theaterzaal of Vooruit (Ghent, Belgium) from 9h00 - 18h00.
Tickets cost €15 (students & accreditations) / €20 (non-accreditations)
Lunch & closing drink included - ideal occasion to network with other professionals!
There is also the possibility of reserving combi tickets for both the Film Music & Sound Seminar and the WSAwards Industry Day for €25*/€35.
Buy your ticket(s) here
ATTENTION: ticket for the Industry Day are only available in PRESALE. The presale ends on 16 October at 18:00. There will be no tickets available at the doors.
More info and updates are available on the Facebook event.
*students & Film Fest Gent 2018 accreditation