If you are a professional composer for screen or another professional active in the film music industry, we invite you to become a member of the World Soundtrack Academy. The membership fee for film music professionals is 150 EUR per year, screen composers only pay a yearly fee of 100 EUR.
Benefits of World Soundtrack Academy membership:
- Voting privileges for the World Soundtrack Awards (Film Composer of the Year, Television Composer of the Year and Best Original Song).
- Submission of candidates for consideration in the categories Film Composer of the Year, Television Composer of the Year and Best Original Song.
- Discount of 100 EUR on the Film Music Industry Packages with VIP access to both the film music programme and the film programme at Film Fest Ghent, including:
- accreditation for the film screenings at Film Fest Ghent;
- access to the (film and film music) industry days;
- invitation to the annual World Soundtrack Awards Dinner;
- VIP ticket for the World Soundtrack Awards Concert;
- invitation to the WSA Reception;
- access to several (formal and informal) networking opportunities;
- CD copy of the annual Film Fest Ghent album.
- Visibility on the World Soundtrack Awards website.
- Access to the matchmaking session to network with international agents, publicists and industry peers.
- Qualification for the WSA Advisory Board on condition of nomination by a board member and availability of seats.
With your membership you provide invaluable support for the film music activities and events of the World Soundtrack Academy, organised for the benefit of the international film music industry.
How to become a voting member:
Membership is open to professional screen composers and other film music industry professionals. You can apply for membership by completing the following two-step registration process: fill out the registration form below and pay your membership fee through our ticketing system.
Terms for screen composers:
- At least 1 professional credit (for a feature-length motion picture or TV series episode).
- Fee: 100 EUR per year.
Terms for film music industry professionals:
- Active professional involvement in the film music industry, e.g. as music executive, music supervisor, music editor, agent, manager, producer or publicist.
- Fee: 150 EUR per year.
- Application for membership of the World Soundtrack Academy is possible throughout the year, but the annual deadline to receive voting privileges for the World Soundtrack Awards of the current year is 1 June. To benefit from the discount on the Film Music Industry Packages, please register before 1 September. (Later applications will count towards the following year's WSA.)
- Please supply a full biography that proves your active involvement in the film music industry. (If the requirements for membership are not met, we reserve the right to refuse an application and charge a processing fee.)
- Should you have any questions about WSA membership, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- See the WSA Rule Book below for membership terms and conditions.
If you are interested in supporting our organisation and our activities, see also here for patronage or sponsorship opportunities.