Voting Membership is free and is open
- To film music composers upon presentation of at least two (2) written recommendations from existing Voting Members,
- To executives active in the film music business, such as agents, managers, producers, publicists, etc. upon presentation of at least two (2) written recommendations from existing Voting Members. In case of a WSA advisory board member, one recommendation suffices.
- Together with the written recommendations, all candidate members should supply a full bio that proves their active involvement in the film music profession, i.e. as a film composer or film music executive.
- Alternatively, the status of Voting Member is also automatically given to all WSA Nominees and Winners.
Corporate membership is available to all organizations, companies and bodies interested in financially supporting the activities organized and initiatives taken by the World Soundtrack Academy. Corporate Membership does not give the right to vote.
- The Board also may take the initiative to invite candidates to join as Voting or Voting Members.
- It is within the sole and confidential discretion of the Board to cancel or refuse membership, or to alter application regulations. The Board shall also resolve all interpretations and all questions with regards to membership applications.
- Academy Members are kindly requested to keep the Academy informed regarding their activities (scoring, concerts ….) Members are kindly invited to send on a regular basis CD or DVD with their new scores / releases.
Most communication with the board is done via e-mail, or via regular mail.
Administrative activities of the World Soundtrack Academy are conducted under the supervision of the Flanders International Film Festival and its secretary general who conducts the day-to-day business of the Academy. As part of the Flanders International Film Festival - Ghent, the structure fully complies with Belgian non-profit organization (npo/vzw/asbl) regulations. The operating revenues of WSA are obtained from Corporate Sponsorship and corporate Membership, the organization of special events and the possible sale of rights.